Thursday, February 10, 2005

A bad day...

Now, i know you are all thinking, "There is no way his day can be as bad as mine." But, let me assure you, you are wrong for this was my day in its lovely details.
To start off, I have had trouble sleeping as of late and last night I had particulaly bad insamnia. I woke up a little late for work but still ate and took a shower becasue I have a such a nice boss. After scraping like an inch off the windshield i found myself at work thinking it could be an okay day. I also at this point was wrong. So, the day looks to be a normal day because I have only a few work orders, and so I get my tools and head to my first one. It just says noise from waterheater. Now, I get this exact work order at least two timea a day. I guess these students grew up in homes with the heater downstairs or something. Water heaters make noise if they're not like brand new. So, I knock on the door ready to give the normal speech since we only replace the heater if it is in really bad shape. But before the door opens I hear a really loud funny sound coming from inside. She opens the door and takes me right to the water heater which has sound around it. But there is a definate problem, the water heater is only a year old. I put my ear to it and didn't hear anything. Then my heart sank as I noticed the sound was louder as I got closer to the floor. I put my ear to the floor and could hear what souned like a water park below the apartment complex! I ran outside and after digging managed to turn the water off... well sort of, the sound didn't stop. I called Chris and told him to haul his butt over and then i called the head of Wymount and Maintanence and told them to get all the water to Wymount shut off asap. Eventually this happens and we are all in the apartment. Chris says,"Well, looks like you got a job in front of you..." and with that he walks out with the big shots and they leave me a BYU pickup and head off to go do all the paperwork. Chris told me to go get a team of 5 guys and lead the project and to have it completed by 6:00pm. So after getting two jackhammers and my other 4 guys we started the crazy project. To be continued...

4 comments:

KarenM said...

my poor Jacob. I wish I could hug you. a bad week for lots of people. heal well soon!

Bret said...

I look forward to hearing the rest. I will post a blog tomorrow about my week. It has been a good one, but busy. I thought you were going to put your head to the floor and hear a beating heart! That would have been much worse.

Webb said...

poor jacob indeed!.... that's quite a start to a bad day of work... I have to admit, i've got a tough one in front of me tomorrow... my boss is taking us all snowmobiling up at daniel's summit.
have fun!

teviawall said...

It sucks having a bad day. At least you have a job and the skills to do the things you need to. Hope things go better for you for the weekend.