I agree with Bret. Although I haven't been waiting as anxiously for it or as long... I really enjoyed it. I think Lucas did an excelent job at bringing the 6 series movies together with this one... and it kinda makes the first two not suck so bad... sorry Bret, I still think so much of the magic of Star Wars was lost in the digital effects of Ep. I&II... oh, well.. like I said, this was definitely a redeeming movie for the series. I also agree with mom when she says it moves a bit slow in parts, and my only other tift is how Lucas just throws Chewy in there as if he's to be a great friend of Yoda... I know I don't have all the knowlege of the Empire series or anything, but it seems there was no indication that the wookies (Chewy) even knew or cared much about the Jedi in episode 4,5,&6.
Although my heartstrings were not pulled as it sounds many of yours were... the more I think on the concept of the series as a whole, (and after reading Bret's insight on all of it) everything becomes more emotional and yeah, I get choked up at the thought of it all... a bit. I think one of the reasons I don't too much is because I have some sort of internal mechanism to protect me from getting too emotionally attached to fantasy anymore... heck, it even effects real life sometimes... it's just that it can get a bit embarassing for a 25 year old guy to get teary over movies, and that used to happen a lot more before... anyway...
I'm really glad I went and visited Bret N Tevs for my cousin Heidi's wedding... I was able to see the Clone Wars (was it?)... the animated series and get introduced to General Grevious a bit... so when I saw him in the movie, I was really impressed... I think they did an excelent job with him! 4 sabers at once.. pretty cool... even though it seemed Kanobi chopped his arms a bit too easily when he had such a difficult time to defeate him... I think the fight scenes were still great!
So yeah, overall... a great movie... especially for the price... $0. I love my job and all the perks I get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment