Monday, June 20, 2005

weekend warior

Ok, so this last weekend I went on a couple of dates. You remember the 29 year old (Angela)?... So were supposed to go out last Wednesday, but I called and cancled on her becuase I forgot about a city league soccer game I had on Wednesday... but I told her I'd give her a call sometime to go out next week, or something. Well, she ended up calling me on Thursday and asked if I would go with her to an art show in Salt Lake because she has a friend that was displaying art there. I said yes and we went out for sushi at Benihana's then to the show. It was a fun date. Afterwards I dropped her off without having any plans for a third but we left the door open for it.

Well... the next day (Saturday) I was golfing with my roommmates from last year and I got a text messege from her. She asked me if I wanted to come over that night to make and eat pizza and watch Star Wars (Episode IV). We had talked about watching the original trilogy before, but I was thinking we would start the day after a date... but, I said it sounded fun, and we set a time.

We made pizza, and watched the movie. It was a good "date" and I still think she's very cute and fun... However... I'm not sure if I really see it going anywhere. We've talked about her ex-husband. They seem to be good friends still and he is very involved in their son's life. She didn't really have a reason for why they got divorced other than "it just didn't work out"... she also threw out the "I was too young when I got married" excuse. I think she was 20, they were married for 7 years, and have been divorced for 2.

Anyway... I don't know what to do. I'm not sure there is anything I should do. I don't get the impression that she's really all that into me, or that she's getting emotionally attached... it seems more like we're becoming "good friends, no benefits" kind of a thing. So at this point, I don't think I need to really bring up questions about the future of our relationship with her... do I?

2 comments:

teviawall said...

Did you ever find out if she is LDS? Sounds like she likes you somewhat at least if she keeps asking you out. I would just play it by ear, don't get attached, keep dating other girls and let her know that you are dating other people so she doesn't get a misleading impression by you accepting all of her date invites. You know what is good for you and just keep in touch with what you know is right. Have a great week.

KarenM said...

she may just be trying to see if you are one of those "get involved too fast" guys. just go with the flow, and use the force! that way you can use ancient wisdom and jedi wisdom to figure it out.