Well, I guess everyone is back into life since blogging has abated somewhat. But I am on fire right now. Maybe the reason for that is the fact that I am now in a new life cycle for the next few months. School has started for my kids. This brings to my life a new dimension that I have not experienced in six years. Free time. Completely unfettered by little demands! It is a bizarre feeling to say the least. Today I kind of walked around the house aimlessly thinking of all the things I could be doing (cleaning) and not really wanting to despoil the beauty of my first real freedom in years. Now don't get me wrong, I love my children, but I also love free, all alone time.
So, here is my new determination. I am going to use at least one day during the week to dedicate myself to writing. I have had this desire for many years, but just couldn't justify the time to do it. I will limit myself to one day instead of trying to do it everyday. I still will be helping up at the school and I want to be able to use some of the time to run errands and do cleaning. But I am going to really dedicate time over the next six months to crank something out worth submitting to a magazine. So I will be working on a short article of sorts. I haven't decided if I will do fiction or non-fiction. We shall see what my brain will pump out.
I am also part of a literary group online and I will submit things there and get their critique on things I write. Quite a few of the people in the group have already been published in books and magazines. The woman who is in charge of this group also has a website that she accepts articles from and will publish things on her site that she feels is good enough.
So that is my new determination. I feel rejuvenated having something to work on and strive for. It feels good to get my brain working again. It has sat dormant for far too long.
4 comments:
That will be a good use of time. You are a very talented writer. good luck and enjoy your new time alone.
Yes, you are a good writer, however, I do not agree that your brain has been all that dormant! :)
Yes life has picked back up for me. I walked out of my apartment (that I've been living in and calling "home" for the last two years) for the last time this morning. I dont' think it's really hit me that I won't be sleeping there tonight, or ever again, and I know it won't be my last time to go back since I'll have to get my fridge food and toilet paper that I left in the next couple of weeks.
I have to say this though, leaving and moving on has become much easier as I've aged. I'm not sure if it's just part of growing up or if I don't allow myself to get attached to much of anything anymore. I remember the day I left home (Lakeside, AZ). It was early in the morning on October 25, 1999. Mom, Dad and I left for the then long drive to Provo to take me to the MTC. I remember taking one last look back at my room and almost starting to cry because I didn't think I'd ever see it again. And I was sad thinking that even if I did see it, it was no longer "MY" room and I no longer had a bed at home. as I closed the door behind me, that room had instantly become Brandt's room.
Since then, I've lived in two different countries, eight (soon to be nine) differnt cities, and have called fourteen different places "home". Although moving on has become increasingly easier with each move (minus the packing part of it), I have to admit, I sometimes wish I could just find someone and settle down.
I guess I could have created a new post for this... sorry it's so leangthy.
Hi Jacob, so where will you be living now?
I signed at Parkway Crossing in Orem. It's a fairly new complex. I'm on the 4th (top) floor, which is good, no more noisey tennents above me!!! yeah!!
Post a Comment