Just this weekend we went up to my parents house for my brother Quentin's wedding. Risa and I got to leave from the Valley on Friday morning, and this ended up being a great help to my mother, as she was starting to get very stressed with everything coming down to the wire. We were able to help with the decorating and last minute details. My kids were so good, especially since they had two of their cousins to play with while we worked.
I was sad because I really wished that my brother Jacob could be there, but had consigned myself to the fact that he just couldn't make it. On saturday morning we were all sitting around the table talking about Jacob when all of a sudden he comes walking in the back door. I thought I was going to pee my pants! I jumped up on him and hugged him and started crying. My mom and sister also ran over and were hugging him and crying. Good job Jake, making all of the women in your family burst into tears of happiness. That was such a fantastic surprise I still get teary eyed just thinking about it. That was one of the best surprises ever. Thanks for coming Jacob. It meant a lot to everyone!!!!!
Back to the wedding part. The wedding itself only took four minutes. They, Quentin and Yesenia, opted out of the ring ceremony and the rest was very short. I was taking the picuters and as always am very nervous that they aren't going to turn out as well as I expect them to. But wait, this isn't about me!
Quentin's new wife, Yesenia, looked very beautiful, and my brother looked very handsome! They looked happy.
The reception was very fun too. We had a delicious dinner, catered by our favorite mexican food restaurant, La Casita. I could eat there every day, the food is so good. They had a live band that Yesenia's friend/coworker hired so that we could have a dance. That was so much fun!!!! Unfortunately, halfway through the dinner our kids started to have meltdowns. Malik was so super tired that he fell asleep while Jacob was holding him, and Jarek was having a really bad earache. Ultimately, we had to take them back to my parents house which meant that Bret had to miss out on all the dancing fun. On a side note, Jarek's ear started oozing again at about 3:00 in the morning. I am taking him to the doctor today.
My sister and I had so much fun dancing all night. Many of Yesenia's cousins asked her to dance and she is so good at it. I tried dancing with one of her cousins, but I am just not a good follower when I dance with a partner. I can do fine if it is just everyone dancing around, but any dancing that requires coordination, like swing or salsa or any of that, I am not so great at. But I had fun, and he was nice enough not to tell me I was horrible. Maybe that was because he didn't speak very good english! :) All in all it was a fun night for me. Not so much so for Bret though. Sorry babes.
It will be fun getting to know Yesenia, she seems like a really nice girl, and her family was very nice too. I hope that she and my brother are happy in their lives, and that they will strive to make it to the temple.
With the two weddings we had this year between our families, I learned something important. Parents are crazy. Maybe, hopefully, I will not get crazy when my kids get married. I doubt that, but at least, being the oldest kid, I will learn what to do and what not to do when our kids get married by all the mistakes and good choices our parents made. We shall see. ~~~~~~
Peace out.
1 comment:
I actually posted a comment on this earlier in the week and it never showed up. How fun the wedding sounded! so glad that Jacob showed up. I love dancing! poor Bret. Yesenia sounds nice. my one question was, I don't remember dad or I getting all crazy over Jacob's wedding. I thought we remained pretty mild and calm. what did we do that was crazy? oh well. I guess it is all in the perspective. what one sees as crazy, another sees as a big step to being normal. life is fun to figure out. I love it!
Post a Comment