For a few weeks now I have wanted to blog about Wikipedia. If you have not used this online encyclopedia, you are missing out. It is awesome. Just looking up something dumb like Battlestar Galactica will give you hours of reading with wonderful information (i.e. did you know that the Mormon symbols/terms in Battlestar are not just coincidental? The producer of the original series was/is Mormon and did it on purpose).
This is a reason the internet is awesome. Well, a few weeks ago I was reading the info on Mormons (which is extensive, well-done, and I even learned some things!). The article on Joseph Smith had been requested to be the "featured article" today - on his birthday. There was a lot of back and forth over whether or not it should be, but in the end they did make it today's featured article. Pretty cool! Take a look and enjoy one my favorite websites.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
1 comment:
Note that someone hacked into the site and put a picture of Hitler on the page?! This is one of the bad parts of the internet. Hopefully they'll correct it soon.
Post a Comment