Thursday, December 08, 2005

The last day of class

Drumroll please....yes, we're still alive out here in Provo. Surprise, surprise. :-)
Today was the last day of class and I haven't been so happy to be done with a semester since high school. My classes this semester have just been so....ugh. I don't think there's a better word for it. But at least my professors are being nice about finals are most aren't too hard. I'm doing the take-home final tomorrow, 3 or 4 on Monday and then 1 on Tuesday (if I don't get to it on Monday). Then I'll work for a couple of days, clean our filthy house, pay a bunch of bills and then go to New York! I can hardly wait to get out of Provo for a little while.
Life has been pretty regular the last little while. Lots of school and homework and video games to relax. Tevia, I promise that it's Jacob's fault that we haven't been in touch. If he hadn't gotten me addicted to video games, then I would have more time to email and post here. So it's all his fault. :-P
We've only had a couple events of any excitement around here. Thanksgiving was pretty fun, though no offense to my sister or her relations, but I think in retrospect, we wish we'd gone to Arizona. Especially because Logan is really, really cold. The week after Thanksgiving was really hard for me because one of my good friends and her mom died in a car accident while traveling back to Provo. I have never lost anyone I was that close to so that week was extremely hard for me. One group of her friends threw a memorial service for her last Sunday and that helped a lot with closure and such things. Lots of introspection from this particular event. Most of all, I just hope that all of you, and all the rest of my friends and family, know how much I love and appreciate all of you. I think about you all the time, even if I don't write very often.
Really the only other excitement was Jacob's first car-to-car fender bender. There was us, a car, ice, and another parked car. I'll let him fill in the details. :-) Nothing too tragic, but it made us drive a lot more carefully the rest of the day and we think that may have saved us from some worse car crashes. Now we just have to get through finals. It's not too big of a deal for me, but everyone send Jacob some good luck vibes.
Oh, and this Sunday, we're going to try to have a bunch of people over for dinner. So Jake Webb, if you read this before we call you tonight, you're invited. :-) We're also going to get in touch with Maggie and a couple other people from around here.

3 comments:

Webb said...

Cari! SO good to hear from you on the blog space! Although I already knew you guys were still alive and kickin from talkin with Jacob on the phone last week... thanks for not letting him come play basketball :( jk, it was okay... it wasn't that great of a night for ball anyway.

I'm sorry about your friend and here mom... crazy thing is, there are SO many people that seem to either know the girl and/or know someone who knew her here... I actually met her once, she was good friends with one of my roommates I'm living with now... or maybe she was friends with my roommate's girlfriend... either way, she's basically one of my roommates too so I guess it doesn't matter. But yeah, it was a crazy accident.

As for dinner Sunday night... count me in! What do I need to bring? Just let me know! You should invite Jesse too... she could come down from Logan. :)

Anyway, always glad to hear from you! Good luck on finals Jacob!!! You should come relax and take your mind off school for a bit tonight and come play ball!!!

teviawall said...

Cari, good to hear you guys are alive. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Those times are very hard, but give us a chance to reflect and remember how much we love those around us and strive to be kinder!

About blaming Jacob for your abscence. Sorry chica, I don't buy it. Like I tell Jarek and Malik all the time, you are responsible for your own actions! I am sad to hear that you are as addicted to time consuming things like nintendo. I guess I will never understand the infatuation. I have so many other things I would rather "waste" my time on. Each of us has our own vices, mine happen to be reading and writing. However, I haven't really had much time for either of those these days. :)

I am glad you guys get to go to New York. It is fun having the family to yourself for awhile. I loved the first Christmas Bret and I spent at the Wall's. A break away from Provo is always welcome,as I well remember.

Have fun at your dinner. we are going to be busy this weekend too with people coming over friday night and saturday nigth. We have done more entertaining the last few months then we have the whole year combined! It has been fun.

Take care. Tevs

Bret said...

Did I hear (read) correctly, the world's best driver got into a wreck? That deserves weeks of teasing. LOL Have fun in NY and chat us up sometime on Google Talk.