Friday, December 02, 2005

Pacers/Suns Game

Wednesday night we went to the Phoenix Suns vs. Indiana Pacers basketball game. I purchased the tickets for our family via Prudential, which had a special on the price. It was a stressful ordeal purchasing the tickets as somehow I managed to purchase the Toronto Raptors game tickets! Fortunately the Suns organization was able to switch my tickets - so I am grateful I didn't pay that much money to see the worst team in the NBA!

This was the first time either of our kids have been to a NBA game. It was fun to see them so excited as the game began. They were overwhelmed with the noise, lights, and atmosphere. I was too! I love being at these games. Unfortunately the night was not as fun as we would have liked as the Pacers played terrible. It was their worst loss of the season. I must say, I have seen about 4 Pacers games now - and they have lost each one! I must be bad luck for them. But it is still fun.

One fun moment was when they gave out free pizzas to people sitting two rows in front of us. So close! The Gorilla was there and the kids loved seeing him close up. I think he would have given us some pizza too, but I was wearing a Pacers jersey. We left midway through the third quarter as the game was out of hand and the boys were getting tired. I had a lot of fun enjoying the game with my family. I think we will go to another game later in the year. We were hoping to go with Kipp and his boys, but I haven't heard from Kipp since the last blog. I have reached out to him a couple of times. Hopefully we will hear from him soon. We were planning on having him and his boys over next weekend for some fun. This situation has certainly made me feel uncomfortable. It seems too odd to even be true. It is the first time in a long time I have felt "surreal." I'm sure it has felt weird for Jake, too. He is much better at keeping things to himself than most people. I know Jake didn't do anything to try and hurt our relationship with Kipp - and hopefully Kipp will realize that. But I wouldn't expect Kipp to want to golf with Jake anymore. LOL.

1 comment:

KarenM said...

sounds like fun! I was always somehow lucky enough when I lived in Cleveland to get to attend Professional football, baseball, and basketball games. they were always fun to me, no matter who won. I liked the excitement and the atmosphere.