There are times in life where you feel like you hit a wall. In basketball they talk about rookies in their first season hitting the wall and not being able to finish the season strong. After travelling last week and having a client in, this week feels like that. It isn't that I am not enjoying my job, but I just feel tired, worn out. I had a 5:30 AM conference call this morning with Asia which may be contributing to it, but I need some time off. I am looking forward to this Thursday as I am going on a field trip with Jarek and his class. Then I'll have Friday and then the weekend.
It makes me happy that I don't feel like this very often. I feel bad for the majority of people who really don't enjoy their jobs. Certainly things go crazy from time to time and the past year has been the busiest of my career. But even with that, I love being with the people at my work and doing the work I do. I enjoy managing people and making people better at what they do. For that I am lucky. But once in a while we need to take a break. I'll take a small one here this week and I look very much forward to our trip to Mexico in 6 weeks!
2 comments:
Well, at least you didn't really hit a 'Wall'. I feel your overstress. I hope you have a fun weekend. love ya so much.
I have to add that dad must feel the same as you much more often than you. you are lucky that you only feel this way sometimes. he called today and left a message that life is awful. he hardly ever smiles anymore. He is like a big ball of stress.
Post a Comment