Wednesday, April 12, 2006

My Day of Sunshine

Usually, I'm really stressed at the end of the semester, trying to do whatever I can to pull my grades up a little more, or finishing projects and preparing for finals. This semester has been wonderfully different. I have found other ways to stress myself out: trying to find a job, trying to run a race without dying, etc. But regardless of that or anything else, today has just been a good day.

It didn't start off well. I didn't get to bed until late the past few nights, so I've been waking up crabby. And Jacob Wall hasn't been sleeping well, which means I get strange things said to me in the middle of the night and I get the occasional elbow to the chest in my sleep. My morning was ok, but nothing spectacular. Water aerobics was pretty fun, but then I had my second class of the day. And the professor let us vote if we wanted to have the final optional or not. Ok....YES!

So that's one more final I am not taking, on top of my final that is 5 questions long and we have all the answers to, the one that is a 15 minute essay question, the one that I helped write last year, and the one I'm taking tonight for about 10 minutes. Though I should have realized it long ago, my life is pretty stinking nice right now. I only have one more college class ever, and it's water aerobics. All my projects and papers are done, graduation is almost here, and it's a beautiful day outside. I've got a couple job interviews in the works and complete confidence I will find the right job in the next few weeks.

I love how your attitude and outlook on life can change if you just wake up and decide that "My life is awesome". I am just so thankful right now for all that I am continually blessed with no matter how much I don't deserve it. It is a bright, beautiful, sun-shiny day.

3 comments:

Webb said...

You can add to your list of "good things" that I'll be making you and Jacob cheddar brats for dinner sometime this week... looks like it'll have to be either Friday or Sunday... your choice, just let me know!

teviawall said...

You can't get much better than having someone cook dinner for you. We just grilled tonight too. Monday we did brats on the grill. I like this grill!!

Cari, always remember these good days. It is very true that our attitude makes all the difference in the world. Being grateful for everything really makes life so much more sunny. It is always so refreshing to hear that someone had a great day!

KarenM said...

Good days when our attitudes are high and our hormones are good and all seems well are always wonderful enough to write about! life is wonderful for all of us in our family most of the time, yes, even Jacob Webb, but we choose to look at all the little problems all day long. we don't always get enough sleep, we put too many things to do on our lists, and we forget to do what Cari says and just say, this IS a good day. thanks, Cari.