Monday, May 15, 2006
vacations
well, after all the family nights, questions, and time we spent trying to plan a vacation this year, I feel like somehow we didn't get the job done. dad woke up this morning saying we don't really have a 'vacation' planned. Kathy complained all day yesterday cause she won't get to see the boys this summer. All Tom wants is to be with Jacob and Bret. Tevia has her little vacation issues. I feel responsible somehow; like a mother always does I guess. I feel like we have a ton of vacations this year. it sure is hard to please everyone. we are going to retalk the cedar point thing tonight. if we move it up a week, we may suggest Bret fly out with Jarek to give Tevia a break, Cari doesn't really want to come and won't have any days off, so we can run Jacob out for his birthday gift. otherwise, we may switch and go somewhere else. I think the San Diego thing for next year sounds good! it may be hard to pick a week we can all go. Tevia, is the weather good there anytime of year? like is it too hot to go in the middle of the summer? the good news is we do get to see each other in August and November. at least some of us. and the other good news is that we love to be together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I do know how you feel about feeling "responsible" for everyone's happiness, but don't stress about it. Don't worry about my silly vacation issues, they are just selfish and I am working on that. :)
You have done such a fantastic job of raising your family that the fact that they like being together is a "problem" I would rather have than them not liking to be together.
I don't really mind if Bret goes out there for Cedar point, I believe he has a free ticket anyhow with one of the airlines. I am not so sure about the Jarek thing though, especially if you guys are still going out in August. Again, more of my own silly issues. It is hard to decide what to do this summer.
We have been trying to plan something with my family and that is nearly impossible, since they plan and do things by the seat of their pants and we can't do that. They were talking about going to Rocky Point this summer, but nobody can just make a plan for all sorts of reasons. I am giving them one more week and then we have to get on with our lives and make our summer plans. There are a lot of options for us, so it will just be a matter of deciding.
anyhow, this is turning out to be way longer than I had planned on.
Oh, San Diego is fine to go to anytime of year. They have beautiful weather year round and there are so many things to do there. Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Lego Land, Beach, Temple, etc... It is a beautiful place to visit and we actually might be going back this summer. So I think it would be fine to do that in the summer for next year.
Just remember, that no matter how hard we try, not everyone is going to love the same places, which is why it is a good idea to mix it up and do different things. It helps everyone appreciate the things that others like, and teaches us to be selfless and flexible and understanding. (All things which I am still learning!!! ) Ultimately, it is NOT your responsibility to make us all happy. we were just talking to Jarek and Malik about this. We are all in charge of our own happiness/sadness and can't blame anyone else for that. We are in charge of our own moods, and whether or not we will have fun wherever we go is up to us and nobody else.
That is my 2 cents. I don't know if it made any sense, but there it is.
AMEN. Stress less. :)
ok, we're on for san diego next year. maybe I'll put Cari in charge of finding a week we can all go. 4th of July week is usually good.
Post a Comment