Sunday, July 23, 2006

no es suficiente

I started crying in RS today, during a wonderful lesson on being in the world but not of the world. and the thoughts started coming to me again as they did when both my other children left the home nest; Did I tell them enough?, did I teach them everything they need to know? How many more things can I cram into them before they leave? I had counted on my calendar during sacrament meeting that Kathy has only 3 more sundays here in this ward. and then I knew the answer, from Toni Sikora as she hugged me tight; "you did all you can do, let her go", and I cried more. I know all she hears from me now is the voice of the teacher on Snoopy and Peanuts, "blah blah blah....." I will miss here dearly. it is harder to let her go than the boys. I don't want her to marry the first guy she meets, I want her to wait longer, and then I remember it is her life and I can not change what she will do. Will she be a teacher, go on a mission, or marry too quickly? who knows. I hope I have done enough to guide her through. motherhood is a heavy burden. we are not taught how, we make so many mistakes, we love too much and give in so easily. and we are so hard on ourselves. we get little praise, (except from Bret, thank goodness), and our teenagers think we do everything wrong. and maybe we do. I did my best on her. Jacob, you're up to bat. keep her safe as you can from those marry hungry returned missionaries. I am glad I did not have to send her to the Babylon part of the world. at least she'll be in a bubble for awhile. hee hee

1 comment:

lovebug said...

mom, please anyone can see that i came out perfect =) no need to worry about me. lol jk but you did an amazing job. i couldnt be more ready to grow up even though i dont want to. but i guess thats because i had a mom who let me have such an incredible childhood and teenage life