Saturday, July 15, 2006

Toilet Tales

About 5 or 6 days ago Mom decided to toss a hair pick into my favorite toilet and then flush it. Now she will no doubt correct that statement by modifying the timing just a bit and clarifying that the flushing and the tossing were simultaneous motions, still it has little baring on the story as it now exists in history.

She closed the lid and placed a large bottle of bathroom cleaner on the thrown to mark the spot. She even left a rather spooky note on the mirror, in lipstick I am guessing, that still reads "pic in toilet". Finally she related her sad tale to me when I returned home from a very hard day at work.

As it turns out, I have been most pre-occupied of late with various other concerns and I have not been able to address the toilet issue. Besides I also wanted to consult with Jacob about my various options. So the cleaner and the note remained in place and became a common feature in our upstairs master washing room.

Upon consultation with Jacob he recommended the "toilet tissue test". In this test a large wad of tissue is admitted to the thrown and flushed. If it goes down then the pick has likely passed the toilet itself, if on the other hand it backs up, then you know where the pick is and you can go after it with confidence.

Well it is Saturday and at last I have some time to consider fixing this inconvenience. So I go into the bathroom and find the cleaner (still appropriately occupying its relegated spot on the thrown) and the sign on the mirror still quietly belaying its appropriate message. I remove the cleaner, open the lid, and peek in only to discover that some unknown person has already secretly administered the "augmented toilet tissue test". I think they could have at least left an additional message on the mirror! You can work out the appropriate lyrics yourselves.

Needless to say, we failed the "augmented toilet tissue test". This was good news (in a perverted sense) because now the whereabouts of the hair pick is well known. After some shuffling things around the job is done, the pick is retrieved (yes and discarded), and the thrown is back in business. However, the secret administrator of the "augmented toilet tissue test" remains at large.

1 comment:

teviawall said...

not to be a nit-picker, but I think you mean "throne", not "thrown" as the second would be what you would have wanted to do to the toilet had it not been able to be fixed.

glad you got the thing working.