Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Christmas

Cari, it's funny that I woke up and decided I better blog about Christmas. Just to get some things out of my head onto paper. the more people we get in our little Wall family, the more presents people might think they have to get. I know Tevia wants to go no-gifts some years. Last year she certainly had some awesome ones to give out! I wanted to just say to all that no one in our family should feel obligated to buy anyone anything. some years are just better financially, some years we just can't think of what to buy. let's just say, if we want to and if we see something we know someone would love, then go ahead. for example: Bret and Tev have been buying gifts for Kathy for years, but she probably can't buy anyone anything this year. I just want to make sure no one is pressured. you may all think I am butting in, so whatever. take it as just an idea.
- next, Tevia and Bret, any ideas for the boys for a gift?
- next, kathy will be here, and we will be staying here, but it would be a special treat for a grandma to have the camera hooked up that day just to see the boys even for a few minutes that day....
I know that is a bad subject, but I still don't get why it would bother your computer so much when so many people use it.
-Christmas cards? If we take the family picture in November, I won't be able to use it for Christmas cards. I am trying do decide if I should just skip them this year, make up some kind of paper with photos on it, ( I don't know how, but I could learn), send them after the holidays, or just send out one of the 6 of us from Cedar Point. any creative ideas?

1 comment:

teviawall said...

Ahhh Christmas, that joyous time of year. :) As for us, I really can only speak for me as far as gifts go. I am really trying to get out of gifting since I am disenchanted with the whole commercial aspect of the holiday season. As I have said before, I would certainly like to eventually move towards no gift exchanging and rather spend the money on a family trip that we will be able to create memories from and take with us when we die, rather than a pile of say, nintendo games, or picture frames, or whatever...

Next, for the boys. As always if you were to ask them what they WANTED, it would most certainly be something nintendo related. I don't know if bret was planning on getting the Wii (or however that is spelled) or not. I for one could care less, but as I am a minority voice when it comes to nintendo (excpet when it comes to enforcing the playing time) I don't have a whole lot of say. I think he was thinking that would be a santa gift, as we aren't getting things for the kids from us since we are going to Disneyland with my family this year. One thing that they play with an awful lot is Lego. You can never go wrong with Lego, and especially if it is star wars related. I don't mind Lego because it is a creative activity and keeps them entertained for a long time. I guess I am not much help. :)

About the computer camera. I think I can suck it up and let Bret put it on the compy for a bit. I will just make sure I back up everything I don't want to get lost in the event of a crash. Oh, we won't be here on Christmas day though. We will be here the 23rd and before, and then the 26th and after. But we will call on Christmas Day for sure.

I still think you will have enough time to send out cards for Christmas if taken in November. Technology is quick. We can take the pics, look at them on the compy, you pick the one you want, upload it to either Picasa or Kodak Gallery, choose your card design and they should be ready in about a week to a week and a half. Most people don't even send out their cards till the second week of December anyhow. You will just make the rest of us feel bad if you get them out before then!!! But if you think that is cutting it too close, then I would say just use the one from Cedar point. Or, you could always just do a collage (make it on Picasa) of all the different families (you, dad, kathy, tommy as one...Jake and Cari as one...Bret,tev,jarek malik and baby as one)That would be easy and you could use any pics you have taken throughout the year. So those are my suggestions.

I am getting excited for the cooler weather and all the holidays coming up. We already picked our day to go to the pumpkin patch in October!!! i can't wait to carve my pumpkin. One of my very most favorite things to do. I think the boys want to be Mario and Luigi for Halloween. maybe I will be Daisy and Bret can be Yoshi. LOL....Baby can be toad. :)

Well, this comment has gone on long enough.