once again I had the privilege to teach at ketcham. I can not believe they pay me for what I did. I went in at 8:45, for 3rd period. I had 4 kids in my resource room, and read Bridge to Teribithia while they did homework. and again, for 4th period, I did the same with 3 kids. I then had lunch, and then a free period which is called prep time for the teachers, but since I had nothing to prep... then, I had a 7th period resource, where I had 4 kids, and one actually asked me a question! hurray! I helped him for about 10 minutes as he answered questions about the movie he had seen in English, The 5 People you Meet in Heaven. luckily, I had read it. then, I was supposed to have a prep period for 8th, but I had already finished the entire book that I had just started this morning in 3rd period, so I asked the office if there was somewhere they needed me, and I was sent to another resource room, and had 4 kids. we talked and that was my day. all the kids were nice, no trouble, and a few were pretty strange. One kid, about 6'4'' tall, looked totally normal, but he was the strangest of all. he said things that were pretty out of the ordinary. he was telling this one girl that he would like to take some kids, put them in those rolling garbage cans, and roll then into walls. hmmm. the other kids in there seemed to not be over reactive to his strange ideas. they just let him ramble. he had a Jimmy Hendrix t-shirt on, and asked me why the news is paying so much attention to a porn star, and didn't do anything much for Jimmy Hendrix or James Brown. hee hee. I'd love to get into his brain and home life. oh, Kathy- I had Amanda Peebes sister Melissa in one class, and Doug Weeks brother, Zach, in the same one. she was nice to me and we talked a lot about your friends. she says she misses their presence in the school. she said Steve Orifice transferred from Havastraw to St Rose. she knew Jimmy, of course. and you.... :) she looks just like amanda.
and - when I see all these 9th and 10th graders at the school, they look so young. I used to think you were all so old when you were in high school. they look so funny swearing and hugging and wearing all abacrombie. weird.
No comments:
Post a Comment