Life has been hectic, but we all need to remember to take time to slow down and consider what is important in life. In the end it is not money, career, toys, or fun. It is family. I am grateful we are close as a family and stay in touch - even when the blog is empty for a few days.
Jacob Webb and Millie have been here and that has been fun. Though much of our time has been spent watching basketball - we did go swimming yesterday. Yes, on March 17 we swam in our pool. It was nearly 100 degrees, so it seemed the right thing to do. The water was around 70, so not too bad. I think this is the earliest we have ever swam. Meanwhile I know mom and pops in NY were sitting in over a foot of snow. That is why I like AZ.
A few things from the last few days. Have you noticed how much my geni.com family tree has grown? Wow. Pretty cool. I've noticed Cari's family has caught on now. Cool! We watched Casino Royale last night with pretty high expectations. Tevia fell asleep and I must say it didn't meet my expectations. It didn't seem very Bond-like. I know this was supposed to be the first, etc., but I didn't need a whole movie with a thin plot to understand why Bond is a womanizer. And it was well over 2 hours! And the Bond girls weren't that hot. And this new Bond sometimes looked really buff and good - but other times he looked like an ugly old man. I think I recall Jake Wall saying he loved this, but I will pass and agree more with mom. Maybe we were expecting too much. I am pretty sure I will take last place in the March Madness tournament. I am terrible at picking. But it is always fun. Hasn't been as fun a tournament as last year, but still good. The overtime games yesterday (or was it Friday?) were great.
1 comment:
it is sad to know that everyone is soooo busy! It sounds like we all need this vacation a lot!
Post a Comment