So, yesterday Jarek decided to fast for the first time. Neither Bret nor I put the idea in his head and I told him he really didn't have to if he didn't want to, but he was determined. We told him the when we fast, we fast with a purpose, not just to go without food. So he fasted for my sister Risa. He wants her to get married. While we were in sacrament meeting, I passed a water bottle to Malik and then Jarek accidentally took a sip. He realized what he had done and got very upset and worried that his fast wouldn't count since he took a drink. He got very teary-eyed and my heart was so sad for him. I explained that sometimes we forget and make a mistake like that (I told him that sometimes Bret forgets and will accidentally take a drink after he brushes his teeth) and we just apologize to the Lord and then start from that point on with a new resolve not to forget again. He was comforted after that and did a good job fasting.
It is so amazing seeing him grow up. We just switched the rooms around and let him have his own room for the summer. Malik and Enok are in the bigger room and Jarek is in Enok's old room. Jarek loves it and Malik hates it. Malik has been so sad that he has nobody to talk to and he is so lonely. Jarek loves not having Malik in the same room to pester him. I can understand how they both feel. So last night, after Malik was particularly sad, Jarek went into his room and gave him a big hug and a kiss and told him that he loved him. Malik was still sad, but I think it meant a lot to him. Jarek is a very good big brother to Malik.
And I have to say that Malik is a very good big brother to Enok. He really takes good care of him.I have the most wonderful children ever!
2 comments:
you do have the best kids ever! Jarek is a sweetie. it is good he is growing up, but sad. wow! his own room and fasting and staying up later. he must feel so grown up. poor Malik. I will give him extra attention!
Yeah... I really think it's for blogs like these last two that make me so grateful to be a part of this blog... maybe not SO much the movie review... but even then, it's great to read about what your family/loved ones think about "normal everyday stuff" in life... and even better to read about my favorite nephews growing up!
We can't wait to see them this weekend!!!
Post a Comment