Friday, November 16, 2007

start of trip to Hong Kong

I guess it is easiest to document this trip on here for now. it started today at 2pm when daddy got home from work early, smiling and happy, and announced, "I'm on vacation!". We went and picked up a rental car, packed, talked to Bret and Tev, went over the details, and we are finally ready. Dad is watching a movie, and I am going to read. I don't think I will be able to sleep much, as I am excited and nervous. Kathy called to say goodbye. That was sweet. The house is clean, I feel very caught up, and David Cotter is staying here to watch Daisy and the house. Stacie and Jake will also be coming in and out during the week, as the Hettingers home is crowded for the holiday. Yikes. What have we done?! The chicken part of me is saying I wish we would have let Kathy and Risa go. I really don't know what I am scared of, but I want to see Bret, Tevia, and the boys enough to adventure across the sea. I want to thank Bret and Tevia ahead of time for this opportunity to grow and experience another part of the world.

No comments: