Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Losing my mind - IKEA and Tokio Hotel

The last day or so two things have happened that make me think I am losing my mind. The first was yesterday during I lunch I thought I would walk over to IKEA and get an ice cream cone. I've been there a few times and it is like 5 -10 minutes from my office. 40 minutes later (say it in spongebob narrator voice) I was still walking around Causeway Bay and could not find it for the life of me. I couldn't believe it. I went back to my office so frustrated (you know I need my ice cream!) that I looked it up on Google Maps and it was right where I thought it was. I'm not sure if I went through a void or they moved it that day or what, but I could not find IKEA.

Then today something else made me scratch my head. Here in Hong Kong the music we get exposed to is different than in the USA. One group that is fairly big here that I have started to like is a German group called Tokio Hotel. They recently released an English album and I like a couple of their songs. Funny thing is that for the last few weeks I totally thought the group was a bunch of girls. To my surprise, they are all MEN! I couldn't believe it. I've seen a few of their videos and even listening to their voices I would have sworn they were girls. I do recall the first time I saw the video I looked hard to make sure it was a girl, but by the end I was sure. But I was wrong. I think that is so crazy. Are we at a point in society where we can't even tell who is a girl and who is a boy?

You can check out Tokio Hotel on Youtube. You can watch their video "Monsoon" and tell me what you think. :-)

2 comments:

KarenM said...

it happens to the best of us. I think there are small tiny elfs going around hiding things, moving things, and even distracting us so we don't see things. the other day, we found the controller from the white room in Kathy's room. or was it the phone? this was before we had guests in our house. I hardly ever go in Kathy's room, her door is always closed so Daisy doesn't go in there, and dad says he hasn't gone in there since Kathy left, ( and probably not even when she lived her):) oooooh, scary.
not dad... silly, but how did the controller get in there? so weird.

Webb said...

I feel ya Bort! I could write an entire novel... or a series of novels... about all the things that would indicate I'm losing my mind lately! And I thought the scripture read "and men's HEARTS shall fail them..." hearts, minds... all the same? :)