I woke up early at the Shangri La Hotel and had some breakfast. I then went out on the riverside terrace as it was a beautiful sunny day. I sat out on the river and watched the boats go up and down. It was cool seeing some of the big boats with huge trees (lumber) on the boat. I then headed back, checked out and headed off to the Shanghai office.
After work I had to go to my new "hotel." Nicole, who runs our China business, had arranged a place that was fairly cheap and she was nice enough to actually take me over to the new place. It really isn't a hotel - but more of a temp living place. So there isn't like a check-in desk. I think I would have gotten by without Nicole, but it was GREAT to have her there. They actually were out of rooms for the day so I got put in a place across the street in one of their suites. It is quite nice. It has a kitchenette, a nice bedroom and internet and illegal satellite. I have to move out to a normal room tomorrow, but this is great. A convenient location right by Jingan Temple. I then returned to Nicole's home which was a beautiful loft. It was very nice and I ate dinner with them and saw her new baby Madison.
I then walked home, got some Hot Vanilla and since it was cold decided to call it night tonight. I'll head out tomorrow to do some shopping (mostly window) and see some of the sights in Shanghai. It is supposed to rain Saturday - but if it doesn't - and I'm here, so why would it? - I will go to Suzhou Saturday. Otherwise I will go on Sunday as it is supposed to be sunny and warm. That'll be an adventure as I'll have to catch a train and won't have much help in Suzhou with English or anything. Sounds fun. March Madness starts tomorrow and I HOPE this satellite can pick up some of the games. That might keep me in the house in the morning if it does.
No comments:
Post a Comment