The evening was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We left early enough to have a nice drive down, but ended up a bit early, and couldn't park in our Icon parking lot until 6pm, so dad pulled up along a road and I had to stand lookout for 20 minutes for cops. I felt silly and like a spy. I would have just paid the extra money to not have to had to stand there and waste time, and we could have had a nice leisurely dinner. As it was, we had to rush down our delicious sandwiches at a deli as fast as we could and race to the theater.
The play was wonderful! It was even better than I expected. As you all know, I don't like to see movies or plays twice, so I thought I might be a bit bored. I was not! They have made some small changes since dad and I saw it last, and I understood it much better. Some of the minor connections that I must have missed the first time were clearer. The people were great, in my mind, although Kathy and dad thought Galinda has been better in the past. I thought she was great, as was Elphaba. Our seats were fine for the 56. we paid, and I hope Tom enjoyed his first Broadway play. We did get in a traffic jam on returning home, which was not the best way to end the evening, but we got home about 12:30, which wasn't too bad. Poor Kathy had to be at work at 7am, and the rest of us slept in till 8.
2 comments:
mom is too funny. lol i never saw an understudy for glinda so i thought she was the same =)however, i have to tell you guys now that ive seen it 3 times... the understudy for elphaba the first time has been the best so far. but i have loved the show each time!
you guys are so lucky you got to go again. My kids would love to see it too. Maybe if it isn't sold out when they go out there then you can take them...
:)
I wanted to take my sister, but we ran out of weekends. If it shows again in LA then I will take her. Maybe it will come back to PHX. I would love to see it again too.
I am with mom, I would have paid the extra money to park and have a nice evening, rather than slink around wasting time. But, that is just me. Gotta go change a stinky diaper.
Adios
Post a Comment