Okay, I did get a little bit of a headache, and felt like I do when I try to read in a car.
We didn't understand why everyone loved this movie so much.
One problem was we were babysitting Charly, and even though Jesse said we should be able to watch it with her here, after about 15 minutes in, I could tell it was upsetting her, just the music alone. So we turned it off and had to wait another hour. Then dad had to stop another time to check his blood and stuff.
Then we missed some dialog.
So there were parts I didn't understand. It even took us a long time to figure out that the couple under the Central Park bridge was the same couple in the beginning. Oh, even now I just figured out it was the same video camera. Duh.
Did all of you see it? It was quite depressing. And they never tell you what kind of monster it was, why all those little spider things are all over, and if they kill it.
We figure that is because there may be a sequel, since it's not dead, I guess.
I guess I don't like sad endings.
I did like his bravery and courage. Yep, I'm a sucker for bravery.
Oh yeah, and the girl in the high heel shoes wears them all over the city, up 59 flights of stairs, through tunnels, etc. Now that wasn't realistic to me.
I think if I was running from a monster, I would take off my high heels.
:)
I could see how it scared Kathy. It was filmed from a unique point of view. You find yourself asking, what would I do if I was at a party and a monster came?
Kathy couldnt' finish seeing it because she got sick.
I did hear that there have been some weird sightings in the city lately.
eeeeh ooooh aaaah oh no! Don, somebody! a8dfayeh vgnamdangoahjdkhhg helpakdnfagfihgakjbn,a,,a.f;;...........................
6 comments:
One of the things I liked best about the movie is the ambiguous ending. I liked the way it was filmed. I liked how the premise,a regular, typical party was totally crashed by utter chaos.
Strange that Kathy was so frightened.
If you are interested, and have time, you can go back to the end of the video when they are on the Ferris Wheel all happy, and you look behind them out toward the ocean, you can see that something falls out of the sky. Some people think that is where the creature came from, outer space.
Now I want to see it again!!!!
I loved this movie - though I have only seen it once - in HK. I loved the ending, too. I like movies that leave it to your imagination. Too many movies now try to explain WAY too much, like we are all idiots. Let us use our imagination. It makes it, in this case, more scary. This movie had a lot of viral marketing, which made it kind of a cult movie even before it came out. There were many 'fake' websites and movies that gave hints about the monster, etc. Some say at the end of the movie you can hear someone whisper that it is still alive - but I didn't hear that.
They are thinking of a sequel, but haven't committed to it yet. The one cool idea was to do another film similar from another video camera - and somewhere in the middle of the film the two cameras see each other (like on the bridge). That'd be fun. I want to see it again now.
Yes, dad and I were thinking of other ways you could do teh sequel, like you said, from other people's perspectives or cameras.
Shoot, I already mailed it back, or I would have looked for that thing falling out of the sky.
Bret, what do you mean by viral marketing?
LOL who said I was scared? I only watched the first 10 minutes of the movie and did not even get passed the whole party scene because I threw up!! lol SO NOOO I was not scared I was sick and I wish so much that I could have watched it because I think it was an awesome idea to have the movie filmed from an actual person's perspective but just wish that my stomach wasn't so GAY!
OH! Sorry Kathy. I read that wrong, it does just say you got sick. That totally sucks. I heard that a lot of people got motion sickness while watching this movie. There were even puke bags at the theater entrance where we went. Are you going to try and watch it again?
I want to. Wish me luck lol =)
Post a Comment