It was absolutely amazing being in the conference center in person! I recommend you all try to do it at some point in your life if you haven't already. The Spirit was so very strong. There is much to see besides just looking at the speaker.
I had several talks I loved, my very favorite being the one about angels by Holland. They hardly ever speak about angels, and I also loved how we can be angels to help others.
The talk that made me do some deep thinking was the one by the guy with the funny name, Marcos Aidukaikus, Saturday morning session. He talked a bit about how much he honors his father and his mother, forever. I was thinking, I always feel like I do a good job at keeping the basic 10 commandments; however, do I honor my father? hmmm. I do love him, and I call him, and write him, and visit him. I have not really questioned what honoring our parents means in any deep sense before. I can do better. I do honor my mother. I find that easier to do. She gave me birth, sacrificed for me, and tried her best her whole life.
I loved Wirthlin's talk. What a sweet guy he is. How humble, how loving. I liked how he said when we approach adversity wisely, it can be our greatest strength, and how the Lord does not shield us from sadness. As parents, we can not prevent our kids to feel sad. And as a family this year, with all of our changes and challenges, we can have a good attitude as we approach these new times of our lives. He said learning to endure builds character. So true!
Elder Holland said, God never leaves us alone, even when the distress is our own fault!
Lorence Corbridge said, "the gospel isn't hard, life is hard." That is a good way to answer people that say being a Mormon is hard.
Jimmy, I got an inspiration during one talk, would your mom like to read the Book of Mormon more if it was in Spanish or Italian?
D. Todd Christofferson- "don't be materialistic, be content with what we have, it is sufficient for our needs.", and, "become not just good, but HOLY." cool.
and last but not least, Bednar says, "let your spouse hear an earnest prayer in your behalf."
I love conference!!!!
2 comments:
Jimmy loved the angels talk the best too. That one story he gave was incredible. It was so hard waking up to watch conference at 6 in the morning!! But I thought it was amazing. I have been discouraged sometimes that Jimmy has such a long way to go to know everything that I do though and I prayed that I would find comfort, so my favorite talk was in the saturday morning session when, (I forget who right now because I don't have my notes) he said that you don't have to know everything you just have to know enough. This brought so much comfort to me. I absolutely loved conference and am glad that we have the opportunity to listen to the prophet and apostles to give us guidance and strength.
I did think of you and Jimmy when they gave that talk! He doesn't have to know everything, like I didn't, he just have to have the desire and faith, and have his heart in the right place.
Post a Comment