Friday, December 05, 2008

Caffeine

Wow!
I was reading the Ensign this morning, and got to the article called "the energy drink epidemic".
I haven't read the article yet, but I will, but, on page 50, it shows 2 spider webs: one web created by a regular spider, and one by a caffeinated spider.... Cool! That picture actually depicts well how I feel if I drink a whole can of Dr. Pepper! Bret, you should show it to your kids. It's a cool picture.

9 comments:

Jacob Wall said...

LoL, I have two questions:

1) Which spider made the better web?
2) Which spider made it faster:-)

I have been mostly caffeine free since I started working everyday and it really stinks. Sleep at night is nigh impossible without caffeine. Yes you heard me right, caffeine makes my brain tired so I can actually calm down enough to sleep. However it also makes me crabby and more easily provoked. So right now I am avoiding it since I live with someone provocative! LoL j/k sweetie! Congrats on ur raise:-)

KarenM said...

I also wondered how they caffeinated the spider?

Jacob Wall said...

I thought you were going to answer my questions? lol, or at least link it so we can go see it:-)

KarenM said...

I don't know how to link to the Ensign. Don't you get the Ensign? it is the Dec issue, page 50. I don't have a clue to the answers to your questions. :)

Bret said...

This picture and story has been used for a few years as part of the studies of caffeine. Here's a link - shoulda tiny-url'd it, but I'm lazy. This particular pic shows effects of other drugs, too. Apparently spiders really don't like caffeine. =)

http://caffeineweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/02/CaffeinatedSpider.jpg

KarenM said...

thanks for the link. I would like to read more about the spider part of it.
Dad said if you took the caffeine away from everyone at IBM, nothing would get done. It makes you wonder if anything is getting done right.

teviawall said...

I decided to quit caffeine as it exacerbates fibrocystic breast tissue, of which I have. I know, TMI, sorry. It is unfortunate that claratin has it. Sometimes I miss a good Vanilla or Cherry Coke. :(

Webb said...

All I have to say is:

http://www.break.com/index/effect_of_drugs_and_alcohol_on_spider_webs.html

KarenM said...

Yeah! I haven't heard from Webb in a while! hi there Webbs! no pun intended...