Friday, January 30, 2009

Ender Food for Thought

This is more for those who read Ender in Exile, and I wish Tom could get in on this conversation.
The bugger things communicated by thought. When this scientist guy was in this cave in last night's chapter, he tried communicating with thought to that larva bug that turns into a gold beetle thing. and it seemed to work...

I used to try to send thoughts out to people, yes, I know I am weird, and more strangely, one of the people I experimented with this concept with was the Elder who baptized me. We had fun with it until his mission president told him to stop playing with those kind of scary matters.

Then there are those people who say they can read minds, and I have heard our church tell us that their power comes from the dark side.
But- in the scriptures, even the leader of the dark side himself is supposedly not able to do this.
Well, we know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ can hear our silent prayers and thoughts. We CAN hear the Holy Ghost's nonverbal whisperings. Is this a gift we will get later, or a power we will have in the next life? Can it be tapped into now?
That is why I love these books, O S card throws in these deep concepts that I love to ponder.

Like the time concept in that book also. Awesome!

2 comments:

Jacob Wall said...

Pffft, most us us already have that Jedi skill. In time, maybe you too will come to mster it.

Bret said...

I don't think most people can ever read their OWN thoughts - so it is a gift/talent that most are far from developing. I do think many people are easily read - e.g. it is easy to see what they are thinking/feeling. And some people are good at reading people in that way. Your question on whether the adversary can read our thoughts is interesting. It certainly would seem God can. And there are things out there to show the adversary can not. Let's all hope so. It reminds me of 'The Screwtape Letters.' Great book.