Sunday, February 08, 2009

Beautiful Sunday

On this beautiful Sunday morning, where the rain is slowly falling and I listen to some songs written by an old friend from years ago, I can't help but be grateful for the life I have. Listening to this music reminds me of when I was young and my friend was in the hospital getting reconstructive heart surgery. I remember praying for him and hoping for him. And the Lord blessed him with many years on this earth - and hopefully many more.

It seems it has been a week of reflection as I have also had on my mind the death of my cousin Laura. She left behind a small family of two young boys - and I think that has been the hardest for me to think about. Having young boys myself, it is hard to imagine them go through life and miss out on the wonderful mother who gave birth the them and loved them more than any other person in this world. My memories of Laura are full of laughter and joy. She always seemed happy. I'm sure she is content to be where she is now, but I am sure she will also miss being at her husband and children's side as they pass through this life. I pray for her family. I am comforted by the thought that I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we truly can live together with out loved ones again in the next life. Can there be any greater gift?

2 comments:

KarenM said...

I also listened to his CD all the way to Newburgh and back.
I ordered 2 more.
Yes, there is no greater gift. I love my family, and I hope Jacob and Millie live next door, with lots of other good friends.
I still am looking forward to living closer together in this life.

Bret said...

BTW - it should read 'with our loved ones' not 'with out...' in the last paragraph. =)