Monday, September 21, 2009

Catching Fire - Rock Climbing

I finished Catching Fire. And since Kathy posted a while ago, I thought I would just do a new post and not make everyone read the comments. Plus most of you probably (maybe I'm wrong about this) read this via RSS so don't see most of the comments anyway. But maybe that is just me since I am a geek and rarely visit anyone's actual site.

Though the book didn't change my life like it did my sister, it was intriguing and made me think a lot. And that is what I love about these books. I still like the first book (Hunger Games) better, but this was a good follow up and had plenty of twists and turns and gut-wrenching scenes. Picture me sitting outside at the picnic tables at my work with tears pouring out below the bottom of my sunglasses. I'm sure many people must have thought I was weird. I have to say that no books since Harry Potter have kept me so intrigued and interested in what is going to happen next. I definitely would recommend this book.

The last two weeks have been fun with the Young Men. Two weeks ago we did baptisms at the temple. It was fun. This last week we went rock climbing at a rock gym. I was surprised to find the gym completely empty, so it we had it to ourselves. This made it even more fun. I was also surprised to see that I still can climb rocks pretty good (or fake rocks). I was a little worried my finger that went backwards last month would give me issues, but it didn't act up too much. I hope to head back there with Tevia on a date in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

KarenM said...

I also finished. You all know I am not a big fan of series, as they rarely can hold my attention. Once I get the author's style, I start to lose interest.
Like Bret, I also liked the first book better, because it was new to me and I did find it intriguing.
I can see how Kathy connected with the characters, and how Catniss helps us think about what are real motives in life are.
I loved some of the costuming scenes, and I admire Peeta and his quick wit.
I didn't find the second 'games' in the arena as exciting, but I did like how she set it up like a ____. (no spoiler)
I find books about rebellion interesting, and I would recommend this book.
I give the first one a 5 star, and the second one a 4.

teviawall said...

I can't read it now till the fervor dies down. Bret says that I have a tendency to not like books as much if everyone else is reading and reviewing them, so I will wait to read it later. No biggie. I am not in a big reading mood right now anyhow. The Mistborn series wiped me out. And I am too busy this week anyhow. I will just keep reading a few pages here and there of LOTR.