Saturday, September 05, 2009

On the way home; BYU wins!

So I am sitting in the Hong Kong airport. Had everything gone as planned I would be about 1/4 of the way home. But when I arrived at the airport this morning I discovered my flight was canceled.

It was during this time that BYU was playing Oklahoma. So I was following the end of the game on my blackberry. I think this was a good thing as it distracted me from being annoyed. So as they searched for alternative routes to PHX I watched play by play as my heart pounded and floods of emotions went through me. Excitement when they took the lead. Fear as Okl marched down the field. And jubilation when they missed the FG. People looked at me like I was crazy as I fist-pumped and smiled and tears nearly came to my eyes.

How wonderful for Max Hall and coach Bronco. It amazes me how much sports can affect me. Even now as I think of it I nearly tear up in joy.

In the meantime I got a flight on Cathay to LAX and won't arrive in PHX until 7 or 8. 7 hours aftermy scheduled time. That sux. But I'll take a BYU win over OU anyday! So I leave HK again having spent time with great friends, eaten way too much (good!) food and enjoyed my time here. But I am ready to go home. :)

2 comments:

Webb said...

GO BYU!!! I only got to see the last 1 min and 28 sec of the game because we spent the day landscaping the in-law's backyard. But, it was a GREAT min28! :)

Glad you're back safe in the states!

lovebug said...

AWESOME GAME!!! I thought after the first 5 minutes we didn't even have a chance! So fun to watch! =) I miss going to the games!!!!