Well, here goes. Dad & I have been doing a lot of talking lately. We are in the down-sizing mode. We love our life. We know these years should be some of the best years of our lives. We have our health, some money, and our freedom, except for.... a dog.
As much as I love Daisy, it has come to the point where we really feel like she is tying us down. There are many times that we want to be gone longer, or stay in the city, etc. and we can't.
We also feel that she would really be better off with a family with kids. I hardly have time to walk her anymore. She is pretty bored with life around here.
We do not feel that any of you are at a point where you can take her. We do not want any of you to feel like you have to. We are going to put a notice in our vet's office, and also sign her up for the Beagle adoption agency. She will be wanted and loved.
I can't do this secretly. I feel I need to at least tell you all that we have pondered this over and over, and this is our decision.
I don't think Tom will mind; he will only be here a few weeks and then leave again.
Cari, I feel the worst for you. But, with a baby on the way, and another little one, the timing is just not right. You guys can always get another good-natured cute beagle or dog someday and train her with your kids when they are the right age.
Kathy, I know you and Jimmy will get our own dog.
I don't think Bret & Tevs really will care much.
So, we are sorry, but we are pretty sure about this.
Don't shoot us, love to all. Mom
4 comments:
It's bitter sweet. Daisy may be the only dog I really ever liked... probably because I didn't have to actually live with her for an extended period of time - and she's just a good dog. I'm sure she'll get a good home.
Way to go too! You two really SHOULD be enjoying the heck out of life right now. Have fun!
Wow! Well it's definitely a sad situation. Now I know that letting her sleep with me this summer was definitely the right choice! =) Jimmy and I will miss her. But we totally understand where you both are coming from. Go out and explore the world! Live for today!! And make sure she has an awesome home. please. that is all I that I ask.
Thank you for being so understanding. We thought we would have a rebellion on our hands.
Jacob has come up with a plan to save Daisy. I think. It is a long plan, but we can make it. Daisy will be happy to be home for a while longer.
Post a Comment