Sunday, November 15, 2009

Technical SS

All went well! Everyone pulled through, not one person called in sick, and Aaron Ricks, who was doing Rock Band, did call Saturday afternoon to say he couldn't do it, but he found a replacement. Very responsible! Tim Cotter did it for him. The chapel at 6pm had 30ish people in it, and I was worried, but, we had ordered pizza for 120, and dad was on the ball. By 6:20, he called and added 2 more pizzas, and I never even got a piece! We had some guys take more than one, of course, even with all our planning and serving, but I was just glad we had that many people! The parents were not interested in some of the website areas we had demonstrations for, but all in all, I think the talks were great, informative, and maybe, oh just maybe, we helped one or two youth from climbing down the road of gaming addiction or porn. We had several parents say they think their sons were addicted to gaming, always WOW. We had several men say they think their wives were addicted to games on facebook. :) hilarious.
Dad thinks his talks stunk, like usual, but he did great. I am thrilled with the results of about 4 weeks of hard work. I can now relax, as we have no SS for December.

1 comment:

teviawall said...

ya! good job on a job well done. it always feels good to have a big project behind you. I have to start focusing and planning the ward cmas party now. joy joy.