Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Friends!

As everyone knows, I grew up with mostly guy friends with the exception of a few very close girl friends. I think its just because well... boys are more fun. =) Well, this has been particularly hard for me after Jimmy and I got married because I obviously could not be as close with my guys friends as I once was. And being in Hawaii... doesn't really help with staying very close to the girl ones. So for the first time in my life, I found myself with basically zero best friends near by besides Jimmy. I mean there are of course those friends at church and school but no one that you know... fits the qualities of a really good best friend. Lately, I have been praying about this issue because I hate not having a good friend out here! Well, I truly feel like my prayers have been answered.

Melissa, one of the few girls that I actually was best friends with in NY, just happened to move out to Hawaii this January with her fiance, Rob for teaching positions. We got together soon in the beginning of January and they are just awesome! Then, we went over there last night and we had so much fun! We already have plans again for this weekend. I am SO excited that we now have friends and I feel we are going to be with them all time from now on.

Rob is a really cool guy and is weirdly a lot like Jimmy. And for Melissa and I it feels like we never stopped being close. It is just so cool I think. I am so happy that the Lord answers our prayer! =)

2 comments:

KarenM said...

Awesome! Friends at more fun to regular old life!

teviawall said...

Kathy, that is so exciting. We are finally getting some good friends too. Although you would think we could muster some up since we have lived here for six years. I feel like I am finally making some good girlfriends. Yah for friends!!!!