Nearly 14 years ago I married my sweetheart here in Mesa, AZ and it was around 106 degrees. Today it is in the 60s – as was yesterday. And it might even rain. What great weather we have had. And though I look forward to the 100s (swimming weather) I have enjoyed this cooler spring. Last year was similar – so if this is the effect of global warming/climate change then I am totally for it!
Life has been so wonderful lately. The only negative has been seeing Tevia sick, though today she says she is getting better. But the boys have been so fun and it seems we are constantly doing fun things. Enok has been especially fun the last week or so. He has been craving attention and loves to wrestle with me. He laughs and laughs (sometimes I think he is fake laughing) and makes funny faces. He is getting to speak well, too, and says some fun things. Yesterday when some eggs with ketchup were put on his dinner plate he cowered from the table and said “I can’t eat that! You eat it!” It made me chuckle.
I have also been able to play tennis more since Jake arrived. His arrival is good timing as Tevia and I had just started playing with some of our friends last month. This means I have played almost every week for the past month or so. Tevia was sick on Tuesday so Jake graciously filled in. Tennis is so fun and I feel like I am slowly getting the feel of hitting the ball – and my serve is coming back (though much slower!). I am hoping to keep up the trend of playing at least once a week. Between basketball, tennis, and working out I have been doing well on my weight goals and should look great for Tevia when we go to Mexico next month. I cannot wait for that trip, by the way. Thanks to a very nice bonus from Prudential and this being our 14th anniversary (this would be our second 7-year itch) I wanted to get to a beach and snorkel and swim. We went to this same place for our 10th anniversary, so we’ll see if we like it as much this time around.
This summer should be super busy. With next month having a trip to Mexico and then Hong Kong, June having a rafting trip on the Colorado with the young men, July having a trip to NY and then London, and then August going to Paris – it should keep me very busy. We are hoping to throw in some additional trips to go camping and perhaps our annual trip to Mexico in there as well. It is odd – just 10 months ago I had thought I would be living in London this year. Nearly a year later we are in Phoenix with Jacob and Cari here – Kathy and Jimmy on the way – and a life full of family and fun. Too bad I still have to work!
1 comment:
Your years are always filled with fun, family, and joy. You are very blessed. Even finding Tevia was a great blessing to you! Happy almost anniversary! You must have been really good in the pre-existance!
Post a Comment