The loneliness of empty-nesting is finally sinking in, after a year or so of freedom. At first, I thought I was just going to love this forever, this feeling of no one else here but Don, so I can kind of do what I want.
But, especially with the goings on in AZ, and the being layed up sitting on a couch for a few days, it is all hitting me. I miss you all, each one, and everyone.
Sunday is my favorite day of the week, but it is now becoming my longest. If I didn't have 2 big callings to keep me busy, I would have to start having people over every Sunday to keep from being sad.
Lucky for me, we have plenty of church stuff to do, and good friends. Suzanne brought soup and biscuits and pie over and then they stayed and ate with us.
Our girls camp theme is Mission Possible this year, so I am making all kinds of cute passports, secret missions, etc.
I am also glad Bret is so diligent at calling, and I got to talk to Jarek. Yeah! Now Kathy is talking to dad.
I love our family, and am glad we are getting closer to all being closer together.
I am trying hard not to be jealous of hiking and rattlesnakes and swimming and mexican food and coloring Easter eggs.
Dad better play a game with me!
3 comments:
The siren sound is calling...
oh yeah, it is!
Come to AZ!!! we will keep you plenty busy. I guess we really don't need to convince you. Dad is the one holding things up. Hmmm how to go about breaking that barrier. I have no clue. I think Jacob is the only one that can do that.
Post a Comment