Monday, August 02, 2010

Mom, The Plumbers Helper

You guys would have loved seeing mom on Saturday. I had her on the end of a 4 foot cheater bar pulling one way to remove a defective 1 1/2" black nipple from a 90 deg elbow. I was backing up this applied shear stress with a 24" pipe wrench so that her efforts would not knock our poor furnace off its foundation. So working totally opposite to each other, but in perfect balance, we were able to remove a stubborn pipe successfully with out breaking anything. The furnace is fixed and the job is done and mom is proudly wearing a new hat. Plumbers helper. She is a keeper. I have been saying that for years.

1 comment:

KarenM said...

LOL!
I thought you were going to brag about how I came to your rescue and ran your Stake YSA meeting whilst you sat in traffic on the Whitestone bridge.
I guess when Elder Robbins said I need to be released so I can give you support, he really meant it. :)