Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Cool weather phenomen

After all the snow yesterday, about 3 am, it started dropping ice crystals, which were heavier than the snow. We heard them hitting the window all the rest of the night.
They are still coming down.
It was interesting to see how these crystals formed the snow into all kinds of cool formations; canyons, arches, etc.  Dad said it looked like the Utah Arches.  We even got our own little arch, if you can see it in the pic.
The first picture is how much snow we had before this storm.  Then the little arches and edges and point formations, then how it mad the snow on our table outside form, after knocking down all the lighter outer snow.
arches
Hope you enjoy!  Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands..  Everything is closed today and tonight.  No Institute again. And poor dad left his computer cord at work.  (I know, I know, he should have 2)
Oh oh, the first picture didn't work.  I hope you can see the cool formations!

No comments: