With this new calling to teach Institute, I have had to step up my reading and scripture study. Just for the lesson this coming week, I have already read sections 43 & 45 of the D & C, the student manual, and now have all kinds of references to look up, an entire Sec H enrichment section that is 7 pages long, 6 recommended talks, and more. I find things I didn't know all the time now! Even in the temple the other night, I thought of 2 things that I had never even noticed or questioned before.
I am in awe of the intelligence and knowledge that is out there.
Many of you served missions, or attended seminary or BYU classes, so you probably know a lot of these things, but I have to say, it amazes me to see what there is to learn out there!
I am happy for this new opportunity to learn and grow. Even my vocab is improving after reading more doctrinal stuff than my usual fiction.
You all know how much I love to learn, so I am on a new learning curve and very happy for this push.
I call and invite you all to read more, study more, and learn more. It truly is a marvelous work and a wonder!
1 comment:
As I sit and ponder sections 43 & 45 today, my heart is pounding and the spirit is close. The sun is bringing warmth through the window, (Daisy would be laying by the patio door today basking in it)
Subject for the week: Signs of the Times! Holy cow, we better get crackin on being good.
I love learning!
Post a Comment