Until late last year I had never been to Houston. Then I spent about 3 weeks there for a client. Now I am with another company and nearly a year later and here I am - back in Houston. My company has an office here in Houston and I am here doing some training and meeting people. I flew in this morning and will be leaving in two days.
Today after work I didn't have any plans (besides a call at 10PM) so I decided to go down to the restaurant I fell in love with while here in Houston last year: Japaneiro's. I was in heaven as I ordered the Avocado Cream Soup and a Hawai'i roll. So awesome.
So now I am catching up on some things that I haven't had time to do lately (like blog). Since starting to work from home, it seems even harder to travel away from the family. But this will be a quick trip. I have another short trip next week to New York/Connecticut. Then in the next two months I should be doing a trip to Europe and Asia. That will be fun.
I have enjoyed my new job so far. I have been busier than I expected, but the people are very nice and it has been quite a different experience than working at a huge, public corporation to a smaller, global company. I look forward to growing with this company and hopefully will continue to enjoy working from home. So far no major issues. Yesterday Enok came barging into the room (where my office is) yelling "Brandt - I know you're in here somewhere!" Fortunately I wasn't on a call or anything. =)
2 comments:
Yeah, I still get teased about the time I was on a call but the meeting hadn't "officially" started yet, so I excused myself to put Hazel down for a nap. I muted my microphone and then told her "Time for nite-nite." Her response was an expected crying/screaming.
I stuck her in her room for a nap and returned to my computer to some rather hysterical laughing. Apparently the mute switch on my mic was non-functional and there was something funny about me using the term "nite-nite" and Hazel screaming like that. Go figure.
I've since learned to use the mute button on Skype. It's much more reliable.
Btw, that avacado cream soup sounds fantastic - very jealous of that.
Sounds like good food. I have never been there. Is it a huge city? Old and dirty or young and yuppy? See you soon!
Post a Comment