Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Muppets


We went with the boys to see The Muppets yesterday.  As someone who grew up watching the Muppet Show and loving the Muppet Movie, I was excited.  But I was also worried that I would go in expecting too much and would be disappointed.  I'm happy to say that I was not.  I loved the movie.  It was everything I think a muppet movie should be.  I laughed, I cried, I sang, and I was able to do it during a movie where I didn't have to worry about any crude jokes or risque parts so that my boys could be there, too.

We don't go to the theater much these days, but this reminded me of being a kid as I sat with a tub of popcorn and a soda, laughing and enjoying a value-filled film with some great musical numbers.  It was a fun afternoon.  I hope this starts a trend of family films and musicals.  I've been saying for years after the success of Dr. Horrible and some musical episodes of tv shows (Buffy/Scrubs) that musicals are bound for a rebound.  This film was created by some of the people that did "Flight of the Conchords", another show filled with musical numbers.  And Brett from the show even wrote some of the songs.

This is easily a movie worth spending your money to support with hopes they make more like them in the future.

2 comments:

KarenM said...

It was way better than I expected! Thanks for letting me tag along.

Webb said...

YAY!!! I'm even more excited to see it! We had the change to watch it at 12:01 am on the Disney Dream on Nov. 23rd, but since we would be traveling home that entire, leaving the ship at 6:45am, I decided my sleep for the sake of the family was more important than a free screening of the Muppet movie by myself (since no one else was willing to stay up with me). But, I'm glad to hear it was so good, we'll be taking the girls soon!