A report:
So this newfamilysearch has helped bring families together and get names to the temple! I can report success.
My grandfather's second wife was Velma Brown. We never called her grandma, even though she was his wife since we were born.
She gave me a long history of the Brown family before she died, so I have her "Brown family" records for 7 generations. One of the reasons for this is because they lived in US.
That was the longest line I had until now.
Her mother's father's line is Hanning. Last year I saw someone else had done a sealing for the great grandfather. Now I see a whole line has been added! I called my sis yesterday to see if I should do some of the temple work for some of them, (it says READY) in new family search), or let them do them. She showed me how to see who turned the names in, and low and behold, one of the persons working on the line was a guy in Kathy's stake who actually taught her genealogy and is on the high council! So I emailed him. He is a far distant relative, but it is nice to see connections! The other girl has not answered yet.
So I now have another line going back to 1780's, and someone is doing the work.
One time Velma told me that all her ancestors were very religious, and that she thought she had Mormons somewhere in her history.
She did or does now!
If and when any of you want to actually do some searching, we should divide up the lines and each pick a family line to work on, so as not to duplicate. First come first serve!
2 comments:
That's great. That is a very cool story. I am getting closer to actually doing some work. You could just tell me what lines you want me to work on if you want and I can get on it. Thanks for doing all this mom. You are awesome and congrats on the success!
Just great.. the guy working on this line said it might be connected by mistake. oh well, try try again. I won't get to work on it till after our weekend in the city with the ysa
Post a Comment