I thought I would jot down two neat stories about Jarek on here just to make sure they are documented somewhere. All of our kids are awesome, but this week I heard two stories about Jarek that I wanted to write down.
The first came while up at the church. One of the counselors in the bishopric stopped Tevia and I and wanted to tell us a story. He said that at the church he had seen a group of kids following Jarek around. Jarek was leading them to the family history room and was asking if he could get in in order to get on the computers. He told us in the end Jarek was told he could not go in without an adult and Jarek asked several adults to go in but couldn't find one. So they weren't able to go in. The counselor was curious why Jarek wanted to get in on the computers, so he pulled him aside and asked him what he was going to have all the boys do while in there. "I was going to have them all sign up to do indexing" was Jarek's reply. The counselor was taken aback and was so impressed.
The second was relayed about a situation during mutual. Apparently two kids (much older than Jarek) were getting angry and were about to fight. Jarek - the shortest young man in the ward - stood between the boys and tried to stop them from fighting. He was able to stop the fight. When Tevia asked him about the courage it took to do that, he mentioned that any bodily harm was worth not having people fight.
I have been inspired to me more brave, more caring, and more devoted.
1 comment:
wow! what a great kid, or I should say, teenager! He is amazing. Good stories to record.
Post a Comment