Sunday, December 02, 2012

Help me I beg of you

Two wall babies will be born
Tho a little Cox will be in my belly
Jimmy will go to the academy in Arizona so we can stay!
Mom and Dad won't move
Someone will have a near death experience at lake powell
Jimmy and I will finally give church talks in our new ward
Jake will get a new kind of job
Tevia will start taking professional pics
Hazel will start a dance or gymnastics class
We will finally go to Mexico!
And the giants will win the super bowl!!!!



Hey, so I was pretty dang close in all of mine with the exception of a few. 


Why am I up at 2? Because my child is crying and has been for an literally an hour. Suggestions for taming this wild beast would be well received. (More so for not sitting still in any location ever)... the night thing, I actually think she is starting to have some bad dreams and will just take a mean mom to be strong for a couple nights.


She has been waking up now in the middle of the night for a week now. The first night I went an hour but Jimmy caved. I did not care as much because I have felt like death for the past week. Which is why I have then allowed her to have a bottle in bed with us for 20 minutes the last couple nights. Now I have obviously started a terrible habit which disables me to sleep as well as her.


Anyway, she goes down fine and wakes up frantic. I refuse to give in anymore at this point. But It has now been over an hour. 


Maybe she is having night mares that I will kill her. Sometimes I think I just might. =)


As far as the sitting still and crying shamelessly when she has to and/or is overtired, like I said. Wouldn't mind the advice.


An hour and 20 minutes. Still going... quite strong. Not sure what I produced



..... not sure why my writing looks like this.  

4 comments:

Jacob Wall said...

Sorry you had a rough night Kathy. You guys love your sleep over there and that probably makes it extra hard.

As for advice, I use a 4 step plan that worked 90% of the time. (the other 10% were long nights usually involving taking over the world in some silly computer game)

1) Change diaper
2) Food/Milk
3) Sleep/hold baby
4) Bath and NEW change of clothes! --- important

After 4, if the baby is still upset I start investigating sickness as a possibility with Tylenol to follow.

I would then wait 20 minutes after giving medicine and do the process again skipping the bath the second time. If she was still upset I would let her cry herself to sleep for 20 minutes.

If in 20 minutes she wasn't asleep, I would once again do the first 3 steps over again. It is important to continually do the steps over again as to give the child more chances to become comfortable. This is especially true if the baby has an injury or teething etc. Sometimes they don't eat the first time, but then are too hungry to sleep the second time. Other times you put them down to cry themselves to sleep, only to realize they were constipated and finally pooped right after you put them down, preventing them form sleep.

I realize sometimes Lexi doesn't want to be held and that probably makes it harder. But Hazel, Speed and I spent many long nights either watching lame movies and or playing one handed strategy games online waiting for them to get tired. Lucky for me Zizah has been Cari's at night! We all feel your pain, and joy. Be grateful for the pain, many women would very much love the pain of trying to put their own little terror down at night.

We will fast for Lexi today. Or ask Hazel to pray for her, which is probably more powerful anyway :-)

lovebug said...

Yo I told you, I want advice for not sitting still any where! The night thing, she did eventually go to sleep. Took an hour and 49 minutes. I am going to let her cry it out for the next couple of nights, and if it does not work, then maybe I will try this strange 4 step method of yours =)

But I am more concerned about her not sitting still. I mean we couldn't even eat a
chicken sandwich in peace! This is what I would really like advice on. So 4 step method for this please =)

Bret said...

My only advice is be consistent. Whatever you choose to do, stick with it. She won't be this way forever. =)

KarenM said...

You can do this. I am proud of you for trying and caring.