I am working hard to make the year I turn 40 a great one. And so far it has been awesome. I know I am doing a poor job of documenting what I have been doing. So to catch up I will just bullet point some things that have been great.
- Luke Air Force Air Show: We attended this a few years ago and I was excited to go this year hoping to see an F-35. It didn't start out great as it took almost 3 hours to get there (it is 20 miles from our house!), but in the end I loved seeing the planes and jets and spending time with our family and Jake and Cari and their family. And we got a bonus of tasting some awesome spicy ketchup.
- Trip to Napa Valley. My company's annual conference was last week in Napa Valley and it was great. Though I don't drink wine (this is wine country) I still had a wonderful time. I was one of our company's presenters and had a great time with my client. One night we went to Francis Ford Coppolla's vinyard/home. He even came out to say hi (though I didn't see him). We were able to sign up for an activity (like a wine tour or massage) and I signed up for the service project. We went to a school and helped out. It was probably my favorite part of the trip. I mostly played and reffed soccer for the kids.
- Attended several concerts for both Jarek and Malik. They are both so talented. Must have got that from their mom.
- Malik received the priesthood. Malik turned 12 and we had family and friends over after the Gilbert Temple Dedication to give him the priesthood and celebrate. The next week it was awesome to see both Malik and Jarek pass the sacrament on Sunday.
- Golfing. With Jacob Webb moving down to AZ he has motivated us to golf some more. I have gone more this year than the last 3 years combined! It has been fun golfing with him, Brandt and Jacob Wall. Brandt kicks our butts, but I am finally starting to play a little better.
Next up are trips to Ireland, Costa Rica and New York. I am excited. Work is going great. Loving the new job.
No comments:
Post a Comment