Sixty really sounds old. Up until now, I was never worried about telling people my age. Now I am. Once you start the number with sixty_, there is no question in anyone's mind that that person is old.
But, I don't feel old. Well, my body continues to tell me it is wearing out, as most bodies do, but my heart and mind and spirit feel young and happy and full of life.
I do not have a bucket list. I suppose I should make one. I did want to try to kayak, so I am glad I finally got to do that.
I am much like Bret. (see 40 blog)
I feel so much gratitude, daily, weekly, all the time. I have loved my life. I have a few small regrets here and there, but for the most part, I can see clearly how the Lord guided me, watched over me, helped me, and was there for me whenever I needed Him.
I have the best husband who works so hard so I can pretty much serve lots of other people, which I love to do. I have the best children, including their spouses, and amazing grandchildren. All of my family brings me great joy! I have the best sister in the world.
I wake up to birds singing, I sleep in a safe bed in a comfortable house in a beautiful neighborhood.
I have made so many friends in this world who have left many footprints on my heart.
My blessings cannot even be numbered.
I hope I have not let any of you down. I am trying my best.
I feel I have pieced together a quilt of many interests, loves, strengths, talents, people, and gifts. I have had the opportunity to nurture, to create, to be free, and to learn and grow. I still love to learn.
I feel strong and happy. I rejoice in this life I have been given. I did not expect to live this long. or to have this kind of life.
At this age of 60 where I expected to find grandmothers and rocking chairs, I still want adventures. I celebrate the story of my life. Each day more He gives me, I will cherish, and try to use to fulfill my purpose and destiny.
Dad gave me binoculars for my birthday- a very unexpected gift. He said to use them to see the beauty of this world. And I will...
No comments:
Post a Comment