Sunday, June 05, 2005

dad and I are callingless, and today is Boomers birthday

Yep, poor old dad is getting released today from ward mission leader. he doesn't have a clue why. it was done poorly, as the bishop just called him in after the baptism last sunday night and said, "after Maya's baptism next saturday, you are done". no thanks, no you did a great job, no reason, nada. dad thinks of course that the bishop just doesn't like him in PEC or running anything. so both of us must be somehow black-listed, or, as jacob thinks, getting something new that the bishop didn't tell us. dad is sad. he has had such success, loves his missionaries, and does a great job.
and Kathy, hello, where are you older brothers in her life?????? and sister-in -laws, including Cari and Jacob webb. she is so happy today because the bishops son turns 16 today. good grief. he got mad at her last saturday cause she 'talked' to Scott too much. he got mad friday night at the seminary auction when he didn't win the clown bike. he is so immature compared to her. I really don't see what she sees in him. I guess it is safety. so as a mother I should be happy. she certainly won't be doing alot of necking this year, even if he does actually get to date her. they are all going on a triple date this coming friday. I think it will all spell trouble, and when she does break his heart, which she will probably break at least 10 more guys hearts, the bishop will give her a terrible BYU referral, cause he is like that. but what can I do, I can't make her unlike someone she thinks she loves. I wish all of you were here and could constantly give her great dating and guy advice. but I guess that she has to have her own experiences. she is so amazing, so valuable, so cute, she could get any boyfriend she wants, and she always picks guys I would least expect. Now that I wrote all this, I really should be happy. it is better than meeting a guy she really loves and then goes steady with and gets too serious with. so I guess she is fine and doesn't need any advice yet. I will let you know. stay in her life though. she looks up to all of you. mom

4 comments:

Webb said...

I'm sorry about you being black-listed... maybe someone named names! jk :) I wish I had a calling too... I found out I was going to be called an FHE group leader (the one call I want more than any other in the world) but I'm not ready to have a calling... I was SO upset at my self for the longest time because of it... it was kinda like when I got the perfect mission call to the perfect place for me (Ecuador), but ended up cutting it short to straighten things out in my life... I don't regret the choice I made to come home, and I"m especially grateful for the time I lived with Bret N Tevs while I was home... but I get frustrated with myself as I'm consistently losing blessing that God throws at me because I can't keep worthy of them... but He hasn't seem to have given up on me, so I'm not either.

Anyway, enough about me... I can't understand what Kathy sees in these guys either... tell you the truth... I'm still dumbfounded that I ever had girlfriends in high school... I think I'm just now getting to the point where I'm ALMOST mature enough for someone like Kathy... I haven't been able to spend that much time with her, but she really seems to have a good head on her, and I'm sure she'll do just fine once she gets away from this immature bishop's son and meets more guys here at BYU... not that there's a plethora of mature guys here either... but at least there're a LOT more LDS guys that'll keep her too busy dating around to get too attached to any one single geek for a while! :)

Bret said...

Enjoy the free time! Also, Kathy is too young to take advice from and old geezer (me), a guy who can't even marry his girlfriend (Jake Wall), and the guy who is still single (Jake Webb) [no offense guys!] Let her have fun and we'll worry about it when she goes to college.

teviawall said...

Be glad for a few minutes free time. You guys are so buys all the time a break would seem like a nice breather. As far as Kathy is concerned. I would just say let it be. It is no crime to break a guys heart. Better them than her. Then she always stays in control. As long as she isn't being deliberately cruel and doing it on purpose, I don't see a problem. It is much safer the way she is dating anyhow. Less chance of getting into trouble with a boy. Which almost always happens if you have a steady. Sorry to say it, but even the best of the best can fall into temptaion given the right circumstances. I think Kathy is a smart and righteous girl. She has a great family that loves her and brothers who will kick any guys butt if they ever did anything to compromise her innocence in any way. She is a very lucky girl.

KarenM said...

thanks for all your advice. Jacob Webb, you are very wise and humble. I think the world of you. I am so glad you are coming to see us. I won't even make you do dishes every night! I guess Boomer is a fun and safe way to spend the summer. he cracks me up.