Saturday, June 04, 2005

Driving School

So, I was in driving school for eight hours today. HOW DULL!!!!! I had a really hard time staying awake due to the fact that I spent about two hours crying my eyeballs out last night after watching a movie with Bret. That hasn't happened to me in a LONG time. Crying from a movie that is. We watched Hotel Rawanda and I was so moved and upset by it. I knew vaguely what had happened there, but seeing it in a movie really made me feel sad and horrified with humanity. I know that the genocide in Rawanda is just one example of human atrocity. There are countless other examples in this world of how humans are despicable, but knowing that doesn't make the reality of it any easier to accept. The whole time I just kept thinking over and over how disappointed and anguished God must be with his children and wondering how he is going to sort everything out in the end. I know that the blood of the righteous (and I believe innocent) will stand as testimoy against those who shed it, but I don't envy the job He has of sorting everyone out at the end.

Anyhow, back to my original thoughts. Driving school. You can imagine how puffy I was in the morning after two hours of sobbing, for that is what I did. My eyes were stinging and my head was pounding and having to listen to the droning of the instructor was almost more than I could stand. I'll just add this other little tid bit in since it made me wonder....(and made Bret think I am kookoo for wondering) At the beginning of the class I was sitting by this woman and we were talking and getting along fine. Then, after lunch break, she moved away, where as everyone else stayed where they were before lunch break. Did I smell funny? The bad part about it was this, a big fat guy came and sat where she had been sitting before. Now the chairs in this room were rather small and very close together. So he technically hung over both sides of his chair spilling onto mine and the guy on the other side of him. And, he was smelly. And I was freezing because they had the temperature down to like 65 degrees. He was not cold, due to all the extra layers of fat and skin, so he kept fanning himself and spreading his B.O. smell in my direction. Not pleasant. I finally got up and walked around the class so that I wouldn't fall asleep or pass out from the smell. Anyhow, that is how my driving class went down. Did I learn anything? Not really. I am already a defensive driver. But, at least I don't get the points on my license.

So that is that. My Saturday pretty much down the tubes. At least It didn't last twelve hours. For which I am very grateful.

5 comments:

KarenM said...

points from what? did you get a ticktet? hee hee. too bad you had to sit next to the stinky guy. Jake better take the class to get his points off if that is how it works.

teviawall said...

if you take driving school instead of pay the fine, you won't get points on your driving record, which keeps your insurance from getting raised.

Webb said...

Me Jake? or the other Jake?? ... I don't have any points on my license, that i know of, and the one time i did driving school (about 3 years ago) i took it online... took about 30 min... that's one good thing about getting a ticket in California!

Bret said...

Tevia got her picture taken running a red light. In Phoenix they have cameras at strategic places to catch you running red lights or speeding. You then receive a ticket with a nice picture of yourself smiling while breaking the law.

teviawall said...

I did not run a red light. I was past the crosswalk while it was yellow, but didn't make it past the photo line before it turned red. So I started into the intersection while it was yellow. These cameras are just tricky and mean!!!! So I dind't break the law you mean old meany!!!! :P