Tuesday, June 28, 2005

New York City

Bret and I were discussing the trip to NYC and were just wondering what everyone else was planning or expecting to do while down in the city. First, we were really wanting to take the train, as Bret and I both would much rather do that than drive down as it is easier, and cool to go to grand central station. We figured that Jake Webb would want to do that as he hasn't yet. We couldn't remember if Jake Wall had taken Cari on the train or not yet so didn't know if she wanted to do that too. While down there did any of you have any idea what you wanted to do? We figured we would go to times square, empire state building, ground zero, battery park, fao Swartz, eat pizza, get peanuts and that was what we pretty much wanted to do. We didn't know if you all had anything else you wanted to do.

Jake Webb, was there anything else you wanted to do while we are in New York? We were thinking of going to the Mansions, and maybe either Minnewaska (a really cool place) or Mohaunk(sp?). Bret mostly just wants to hang out, go golfing, play tennis and basketball and eat at the cullinary.

I know Cari and Jacob are going to be there the last week, so if there are things you want to do with all of us, let us know. If you want to do things alone, too bad! J/K!!! :) We thought it would be fun if we went to Mohaunk and hiked and had lunch there at the hotel. Bret is checking on that to see what the cost would be and if they charge for hiking.

Anyhow, any input would be great so we can start budgeting out for the things we are planning on doing. I think that we will probably still be going up to New Englad for either a day or overnight as well. Hope you all are doing well. We are getting so excited to see everyone.

For Cari, and Mom and Kathy if you are interested. One of the things I want to do is go to that day spa again. Anyone interested?

Also, to Mom, are Kathy and Tommy going to be going to the City with us when we go down there? Just wondering.

Got to go get my kids to PT. Take care.

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I think that list of stuff sounds great. We did take the train down last time but I thought it was great, so I'm up for that. And Jacob's told me enough horror stories about driving in NYC (though I don't know when he's had that pleasure) that I'm happy about not doing it. I would love to see the Statue of Liberty, but I don't know what's going on with that now. They still aren't letting people go up in it, are they? If I could see it closer than I did last time (which was from the top of the Empire State Building--practically the other side of the island if I remember) I would be happy.
Day spa sounds great, hiking sounds great...good ideas, you two! :) I think when we went to Minnewaska before his mission, Jacob and I paid by the car to get in, but I don't remember how much. I'll ask him later today.
We're looking forward to this so much. We talk about it...a lot. :) We had a fun date in Salt Lake on Saturday, went to the Arts Fair and ate at a nice Italian place. But then we still had to come back to Provo at the end of the night. It was a little bit of a bummer. Not that Provo is horrible or anything, we just need a vacation for a while. I'm excited.

Webb said...

I spoke with Tevs earlier on the phone... all this stuff sounds GREAT!! I'm SO excited about everything!! One question... are we just spending one day in the city?... sounds like quite a bit to fit into one day, doesn't it??... maybe it's just me.

All the other stuff that Brett suggested sounds great too! So I take it I'll be bringing my clubs to NY too? Oh, and basketball shoes and what not.

Bret, I'll need to know how much I need to pitch in for the rental car... we were going to upgrade to an SUV or something a bit larger to fit me... right?

Mom, Tevs said we would be able to pick a night and cook for everyone if we wanted to plan a meal... I think I'll take you up on that offer!! I'm not sure what I'll be doin yet, but if there are any specialty items I'll need, I can get them when I get there so you don't have to worry about it.

I'm SO excited about this trip!! Let's all pray Bret can control the weather and that the ticks and chiggers leave us all alone!! :)

Webb said...

I know what I'd like to do in the city... I wanna go to the Today Show!!!

Tevs, Sugar Ray will be performing on the 8th!!

Carole King will perform the 15th, and the artist is still TBA for the 22nd and 29th shows... but I don't know when we are planning on being down in the city... but... it was just an idea! :)

Webb said...

I thought this might be an option to save money... but then I don't know... what do you think? Check out this link:

http://www.thingstodo-newyork.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?ID=1010&PRODUCTID=1016&CODE=3878PASS

Bret said...

That link didn't work for me. What was it? I am excited, too. Should be fun.

KarenM said...

you can go up the statue of Liberty again now, but the line in July is usually 2-3 hours because it is tourist season. it is a long, slow, hot climb. not really that great on a hot July day. I'm up for all that you all said. I am happy to have survived girls camp, and ready for some fun. I don't want to go to the spa. I'd rather spend my money on other things. I will watch the kids when you go to the city, and yes, Kathy wants to go. Tom will be at EFY the week Bret and Jacob Webb are here, and he returns the day Cari and Jake come in. we have to shop the Pallisades one day. guess what you get to do, Jacob Wall? you have a court date on July 28th at 6pm... poor Jacob. if you guys want to go down to those free concerts, you have to leave pretty early in the morning. Jacob Webb, I'll take you up on a meal. we will all pitch in. Cari and Jake can cook one night. it will be great just to be together and play some games and chill,.