I have just decided that it is too hot in Arizona. Now you might think that I would have already come to this conclusion years ago, but I am making it official right now on this here blog. It got up to 114 today. Almost a record, which was 115 in like 1968. Global warming anyone?
The boys and I went to a friends house (Suzette Haynie) after physical therapy to hang out and swim since we hadn't seen them in a year or so. We got in our suits and jumped in the pool, and after about 30 minutes we decided that it was just too hot even to swim. The sun was pounding on us and the sunblock on our children's faces was melting into their little eyes. So we all headed back into the sanctuary of the air conditioned house and listened to seven little kids playing together. It was nice catching up with my friend and another friend (Bridget) who popped in after hearing I would be there visiting. I am grateful for friendships that pick up right where they left off even after not having seen each other for a year.
So, back to too hot. This heat wave really couldn't come at a more inconvenient time! Our Stratus is currently being moody. Meaning that it is overheating. Well duh, you might say, it is hotter than fire and brimstone so why wouldn't the car get temperamental? We made it home from Suzette's without a hitting the H line, but I had to turn the air off, so the last five minutes to the house were very sweaty indeed! And as luck would have it, we hit every red light possible on the way home.
So being the frugal person I am , I decided to trouble shoot this problem myself. The cap on the coolant reservoir is basically non-functional, (cracked and falling off) so I whip out the handy dandy owner's manual and looked up the pertinent info. It seems that I will be able to replace the whole reservoir myself. I figure that if that is indeed the problem I will only be out the 15 bucks for the part, plus of course the ten pounds I will lose sweating to death changing it. I would hate to take it in and that be the problem and they charge me 40 bucks labor for them sweating, plus 30 bucks for the part! I hope it fixes the problem, otherwise I will have to take it in. Wish me luck on my car escapade tomorrow.
I miss you Bret. I hope no crazy people call me tonight because you know how my imagination gets going. I told Kathy and Paul that I would call them if I heard anything strange and they promised they would call 911 for me! LOL. Here's looking forward to your safe return on Friday!
3 comments:
where's Bret?
Pennsylvania, on business. He won't be back till friday night.
I suppose I should stop complaining about our 85 degrees shouldn't I? :-) hehe...
Post a Comment