This week Bayer made a visit to our office in Scottsdale from Pittsburgh, PA. They wanted to come to meet the team (I had met them, but my IAMs had not) and clarify a few things. Whenever clients come in Prudential typically likes to take them out to dinner. I always hope that they leave this option up to me as I always pick Zinc Bistro. This is a small French restaurant that I love. Bayer left the option open and I booked our dinner.
I think one reason I love this little place is because it reminds me of Paris. I loved Paris so much and especially the food. This is the only place I have ever been to that feels and tastes like Paris. We went on Tuesday evening. That night I enjoyed one of the best dinners of my life. For an appetizer I had a consumme (a soup) made with herbs and gnocchi. It was fantastic. For the entree I had the pork tenderloin. This was actually the first dish I ever had at Zinc and is what made me fall in love with it. They eventually took this off the menu - so when I saw it back on, I even passed the special of the day which was scallops! The tenderloin is served with carmelized cabbage and other "wonderful" things I'm not sure what they are. It was amazing. Then for dessert I ordered a date shake - a shake made from "dates" (think Indiana Jones). It was perfect. The other great thing is that portions aren't big - so even with three courses I was not too full and was able to play basketball just an hour later with no issues.
Friday night Malik and I went to a birthday party for Kip's kid Ian. Jarek was sick so could not go. We had a lot of fun. Malik was happy until he realized the party was not for him - and he wasn't the one getting the presents. He cried for a bit, but eventually got over it. It was cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment