So, remember the roommate drama I was having a while back?...well... there hasn't been any problems since... in fact, we've all been quiet nice to each other and more than civil. Home has been a good place to come home to... HOWEVER... I forgot that in my frustration I put my contract up for sale... not thinking our more than worthless management would ever sell it... well... they did.
Monday morning I got a call from managment saying they have a kid who wants to buy my contract, and can I be moved out by tomorrow.
Uh... yeah. I guess.
I have no place to live at the moment. Good thing I don't own much, and now even less as I have thrown out even more with this move. My big leather couch will be going to Jacob and Cari as soon as I get my bosses truck (probably this Saturday now). I left my TV and electronics with a friend down the hall from my old place, and as for everything else, well... I'm sleeping on the basement floor of a lady I work with.
I think it's time I own.
I'm VERY greatful to be working in the company I do work in... I have experienced (and more importantly honest and trustworthy) lenders and real estate agents at my disposal. I'm not going to buy a new condo or townhome from my company as they are both too expensive and too far away from Provo/Orem.
I met with our prefered lender this morning and he checked my credit report and ran some numbers. He says it looks like I could get about $95K at 5.18% with $0 down at about $550 - $700/ month payments depending on the HOA and other variables. I'm looking to hopefully get something in the $85 - $90K range... condo or townhome. Something with at least two bedroom so I can rent and have help with the payments. From a tax point of view, not to mention equity and investments, I think this is what I need to do.... not to mention, it looks really good to the ladies if they know I own my own place. The location is right between University Mall and UVSC, so I will always be able to resell and/or rent.
Life moves fast.
Ever so faster in this new year. One month already gone!!
It high time I grow up... I guess.
3 comments:
Wow Jake, it looks like everybody gets to grow up faster than bret and I had to. We had to wait ten years before we could buy a home! We must be late bloomers!!! I think it will be good for you. Sorry you are sleeping on a basement floor. Are you going to need your day bed back? I am not shipping it! :)But you can have it if you need it. Risa won't be using it since the new place she is moving into will have a bed.
Good luck with everything.
Felicitados cuñado! Great idea.
I hope you are able to find a place quickly and easily. you will love having your own place.
Post a Comment