Thursday, February 02, 2006

More Dog Drama

Just a quick post. Yesterday I was walking home from school with Malik and heard the neighbor dogs barking. I was so annoyed I started feeling quite grumpy about them before I even got home. Well, to my surprise and to my great annoyance, the stupid dogs were in my backyard again. They had created another huge hole under the fence and were running around, barking like mad. I went out with a broom and tried to get them to go back under, but that was a futile attempt as they run faster than me, and kept going around and around the pool and not towards the fence. Also, while they were in there, they annoyed the dog in the other yard and it broke a hole in the fence trying to stick its head through barking. So now we have a nice ugly hole in the fence there too. Well, I was at this point super mad. Swearing in my head mad and wishing I had a pellet gun to shoot these stupid dogs. (sorry to all you dog lovers) Well, I did a bad thing. First, I opened the gate to the front in the hopes that they would just leave and be someone elses problem and maybe get picked up by someone. This only half worked. Just the dumb male dog decided it was a good idea to leave. The girl dog wouldn't leave the fence. So I closed the gate and called animal control. By the time they got here (an hour and a half later) the girl dog had managed to dig her way back under the fence. The animal control guy said he would leave a note on the homeowners door.

It seems they must have found the other dog because both bloody dogs are barking it up again this morning. I am telling you, I really can't stand these dogs. The other dogs behind us never bark. I want Bret to go talk to the neighbors, because I am afraid if I do, I will probably get shot by them for hating their dogs so much. You would think they would care if their neighbors have turned in their dogs, and we aren't the only ones either. They have gotten out before according to another neighbor. If they keep getting warnings I believe they get fined at some point. We shall see.

5 comments:

Jacob Wall said...

I have to admit, the site of Tevia running around with a broom is TBS superstation kinda funny. I would definatly call that one in if I was watching from the house. It might go something like this...

Station: Hello TBS Superstation, do you have something funny here?

Caller: I think so, this lady is running around her backyard trying to chase a some dogs.

Station: Are they her neighbor's dogs?

Caller: Yes, it looks like they dug a hole under the fence.

Station: Does she look like she wants to kill the dos?

Caller: A most desperate look!

Station: Well the computer reports this is pretty funny!

Caller: Yes, I knew it. LoL, she almost touched the dog with the broom that time.

Station: She has a broom? Thats gonna upgrade to very funny!


Sorry to rag on ya Tevs, but I love most dogs.

Webb said...

Wall... you crack me up!!! I think if you would have included the fact that she was running around the pool with the broom would have had the station rolling on the floor... maybe we'd even see a Sienfeld episode about it... kinda like Elaine's dog problem!

Sorry Tevs... you gotta admit... from Jacob's point of veiw... that is "very funny". :)

teviawall said...

Well, I have to admit, Jacob has a funny way of looking at things and I did laugh when I read it. Thanks for the laugh. Speaking of the dogs, they have made the hole bigger and now part of the fence is gone. Bret hopes they get in again so I can call the animal control and then get the dogs hauled away.

And, for all of your amusement, I was running around barefoot, as I didn't have a pair of sandals handy outside! :P

Bret said...

barefoot and ...

Webb said...

CONGRATS BRET N TEVS!!!! Hope it's a girl!! I need a neice here in the states to spoil!